Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Iran Deal Does Not Provide for 24/7 Where Necessary, When Necessary Inspections

July 24, 2015
Press Release

Washington, DC –Congressman Lee Zeldin (R, C – Shirley) released the following statement in response to President Obama's assertion that the Iran nuclear deal provides for 24/7 where necessary, when necessary inspections:

“When President Obama announced the Iran nuclear deal, he stated that inspectors will have 24/7 where necessary, when necessary access to Iran’s key nuclear facilities. Putting aside that Americans aren't even permitted to participate on the inspection teams at all, it is simply 100% untrue that the IAEA inspectors will have 24/7 where necessary, when necessary access. It is further informative to read the very convoluted, prolonged and multi faceted process of overcoming access denials outlined in the text of the deal. As just one example, if the 3 member Advisory Board is convened, each party gets to appoint one member, but there is absolutely no guidance whatsoever on how the third person will be selected other than that the person must be "independent". While the administration is doing their best to sell 8 percent of the agreement to the public, it is so critically important that we do not ignore the other 92 percent of the story. The American public through their elected representatives in government must insist on sending our negotiators back to the table with a stronger hand."