Rep. Zeldin Announces Completion Of Groundwater Protection Project At Broadway Beach In Rocky Point | Congressman Lee Zeldin

Rep. Zeldin Announces Completion Of Groundwater Protection Project At Broadway Beach In Rocky Point

July 10, 2020
Press Release

beach

ROCKY POINT, NY - On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, Congressman Lee Zeldin (R, NY-1) joined Brookhaven Highway Superintendent Daniel Losquadro and Brookhaven Councilwoman Jane Bonner to mark the completion of the Groundwater Protection Project at Broadway Beach in Rocky Point. A new stone revetment was added to stop erosion of the coastline. An interceptor unit was also installed to remove sediment and other material from runoff before it reaches the Long Island Sound. Rep. Zeldin successfully secured federal funding in 2018 for 90% of the project, with the remaining 10% being locally funded.